What is it?
Until recently, advertisers were only able to apply their product feeds to Video Action campaigns in YouTube. These campaigns were orientated around lower-funnel objectives
This month, Google announced products feeds will be available for more video campaigns types
Now, advertisers can link their product feeds to awareness and consideration video campaigns, making their video ads shoppable at any stage of the customer journey
By adding a feed to YouTube ads, you create a virtual storefront, where users are encouraged to browse; influencing consideration and inspiration to make a purchase
Why is it important?
On average, advertisers that add product feeds to their Video Action campaigns achieve over 60% more conversions at a lower cost. (Source: Google)
70% of YouTube viewers say they purchased from a brand as a result of seeing it on YouTube. (Source: Google)
This recent update looks to further bridge the gap between video being labelled purely a brand awareness channel. Online video is a powerful performance driver, particularly for e-commerce brands.
With shoppable products front and centre across the various stages of the purchase journey, advertisers can expect an increase in consideration and a rise in spontaneous purchases.
What to do next?
- If you’re an e-commerce brand yet to test YouTube, utilising your product feed is a great opportunity to bridge the gap between brand awareness and performance objectives
- If you’re a brand that uses YouTube frequently, or as an ‘always on’ channel, now is the time to start testing and measuring how your shoppable ads can perform across different campaign types by encouraging action at an earlier stage
- Ensure you’re showcasing the most relevant products to your audience. Personalisation is key to the experience
- Don’t forget the fundamentals of video; have a clear call-to-action, grab attention in the first few seconds and repeat what you’re offering
- If you need a hand with maximising YouTube performance, speak to our Media team