What is it?
Funnel exploration is a killer feature that you will want to leverage in Google Analytics 4 as soon as possible. With funnel exploration you can:
- Build multiple funnels across your user journey, quickly and easily.
- Segment your funnels based on specific user interactions.
- Gain new insights into user funnels that would not be possible using Universal Analytics.
Funnel exploration goes beyond the basic funnel options in Universal Analytics, and include features Google Analytics users have been requesting for years.
Why is it important?
Funnel exploration can be used to build remarketing audiences based on users dropping off at a specific step. This opens up new audience remarketing opportunities.
Funnel exploration clearly identify areas of high drop-off, which will help focus on improving conversion rates.
They allow easy analysis on the most common paths to conversion, which will help optimise cross-channel marketing activity.
Funnel exploration is easy to use, intuitive, and a huge time saver in finding insight.
What to do next?
- Set-up Google Analytics 4 to run in parallel with your current configuration.
- Capture all site goals as events – e.g. ecommerce purchase, lead enquiries, call to action buttons.
- Ensure your Google Ads account is linked to your new Google Analytics 4 property.
- Set up funnel exploration, and analyse the data, to create new remarketing audiences and improve conversion rates.
- Speak to us if you need help configuring funnel exploration in Google Analytics 4.