25 Feb 2022
What is it?
TikTok is one of the fastest growing social platforms in the world with over one billion active users and counting. It’s younger audience and excellent global reach means that a lot of brands are moving some of their marketing focus over to it.
TikTok’s content is unique in comparison to other social platforms. Because of this, there are some key considerations you’ll need to consider when producing effective advertising creative for it.
- Make your ads feel native – Shoot your videos in 9:16 format and utilise TikTok trends like new editing styles, new effects and popular music.
- Get to the point – TikTok is a fast paced medium so make sure to get your key message across in the first 3 seconds.
- Speak directly to your audience – Focus on people instead of products and ask questions to engage your audience.
- Leverage TikTok influencers – Finding a creator that fits well with your brand is a great way of syncing your audience with a TikTok audience. You can find them in the TikTok Creator Marketplace.
- Use a strong CTA – Make it clear what you want your audience to do by using TikTok’s CTA buttons. The more concise, the better.
Why is it important?
Making ads for TikTok without knowing the nuances of the platform can be potentially damaging for your brand image.
If you don’t consider the performance drivers for your creative upfront, then there is a risk of losing money on the production of potentially ineffective assets, and the media spend used to run them.
This is why finding the right balance between user generated content and an engaging piece of advertising is key.
What to do next?
- If you are currently running ads on TikTok then make sure to audit them to see how they’re performing. If they’re not performing well, then use the points we highlighted earlier to help hypothesise the reasoning behind it.
- If you are considering running ads on TikTok then work with a strategy, content and/or creative team to establish the right approach for your content prior to investing in any production budget.
If you have any more questions on the best practice for TikTok ads then feel free to get in touch.