decrease in cost per lead
more clicks to the website
Berkeley Group, a FTSE100 listed house builder, challenged us to increase their qualified enquiries via paid search without raising their media budget.
How we did it
- Our strategy focused on branded and generic searches, plus terms related to home buyer schemes (like ”help to buy” for their eligible developments in London and the home counties). Outlining a series of initial tests, we ensured each step of the journey was additive; performing well by its own merit whilst improving overall efficiency across the account.
- We focused on local actions as a KPI to measure incremental phone calls and store visits driven by search ads. After collecting this data, we used the local competitive visits, clicks and search terms reports to capture missed opportunities.
- We started with brilliant basics, adding responsive search ads, building location extensions using Google My Business and importing relevant goals from Google Analytics to create conversion actions.
- We then focused on automation. Applying shared budgets enabled flexible spend allocation based on performance and impression share and reduced the frequency of manual budget changes.
- We further automated campaigns by using advanced location options to target users by presence or interest based on a radius of each business location. This allowed us to broaden targeting by removing location keywords and take advantage of the growing volume of ‘near me’ searches for new build properties.
- We worked with Berkeley Group to insert property price ranges into copy using an ad customiser feed.
- Reduced generic search cost per lead by 21%, resulting in 150% more leads (March 2020 – Feb 2021 vs March 2019 – Feb 2020)
- 170% more clicks to the website, with 37% decrease in the cost per click (2020 vs. 2019)