Here's what we need
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000, negotiable depending on experience
As SEO Manager in our SEO Team, you will report directly to our SEO Director.
We are passionate about organic search optimisation, brilliant digital experiences, and the pursuit of technical excellence. You will share our passion in these areas, with considerable experience using SEO to achieve sustainable visibility on search engines. Moreover, you will be accountable for the technical integrity of clients’ websites and digital properties.
To achieve this, you will have an excellent understanding of how websites are built – not just on a technical level, but also their stakeholders and workflows. You will be comfortable working alongside developers, ideally within agile workflows. You will also be proficient in providing non-technical stakeholders with clear, concise and jargon-free recommendations.
RocketMill aspires to be valued for the quality of its thinking as well as the quality of its doing. Therefore, you will take ownership of SEO performance for your clients, playing an active role in developing strategies and KPIs for your channel and our overall campaigns.
Finally, you will bring an open mind and a forward-thinking approach, able to help us succeed in a world where search engines are not the only means to attract organic traffic.
- Experience in technical SEO (agency or client-side)
- Comprehensive knowledge of SEO tactics, and commitment to keep this up-to-date
- Demonstrable experience consulting on website audits, backlinks and migrations
- Absolute proficiency with industry-standard SEO tools – crawlers, link checkers, etc.
- Google Analytics IQ certification
- Reporting experience – updating clients on performance against KPIs
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (e.g., VLOOKUPs, PivotTables, advanced formulae)
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and everyday IT
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Accountable for the performance and technical integrity of your clients
- Able to balance your workload and deliver on time
- Be a positive person that adds energy to our team
- Strategic experience – consulting on how organic search can have a measurable impact within cross-channel digital marketing campaigns
- Experience designing large-scale SEO-friendly information architecture
- Working knowledge (or better) of PHP, SQL or other relevant web technologies
- Working knowledge (or better) of WordPress, Magento, and other CMS platforms
The successful candidate:
We expect a comprehensive knowledge of organic search engine optimisation, with considerable experience consulting on SEO projects. You will undertake website audits, keyword research and backlink analyses as a core part of the role and must be comfortable to deliver exemplary documentation ahead of deadlines using a suite of industry-leading software and tools.
The digital landscape is always evolving, so it is imperative you keep your SEO knowledge up-to-date. You will, for example, demonstrate understanding of opportunities for international SEO, mobile optimisation, and conversational search. Moreover, RocketMill aspires to place data at the heart of all we do, so you must hold Google Analytics IQ certification, and show experience of using SEO analytical tools.
You will recognise the pivotal role user experience plays in modern organic visibility. Experience developing large-scale information architecture is highly desirable, while hands-on experience of supporting migrations (platform and protocol) is essential.
We are a small team, so the most important requirement of all is to get stuck in and make your mark – to benefit your clients, agency, and career.
The interview process
We’ll kick off with a coffee to assess your suitability for the role.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll invite you for an interview
If we like what you’ve got to say, the final stage is a second interview with other senior members of our team with a competency test.