Here's what we need Salary: £35,000 - £45,000, negotiable depending on experience
We are looking for a Senior SEO Consultant to join the team in our Brighton office.
We are passionate about organic search optimisation, brilliant digital experiences, and the pursuit of technical excellence. You will share our passion in these areas, with considerable experience using SEO to achieve sustainable visibility on search engines. Moreover, you will be accountable for the technical integrity of clients’ websites and digital properties.
- Several years’ experience in technical SEO (agency or client-side)
- Comprehensive knowledge of SEO tactics, and commitment to keep this up-to-date
- Demonstrable experience consulting on website audits, backlinks and migrations
- Absolute proficiency with industry-standard SEO tools – crawlers, link checkers, etc.
- Google Analytics IQ certification
- Reporting experience – updating clients on performance against KPIs
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (e.g., VLOOKUPs, PivotTables, advanced formulae)
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and everyday IT
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Accountable for the performance and technical integrity of your clients
- Able to balance your workload and deliver on time
- Be a positive person that adds energy to our team
- Strategic experience – consulting on how organic search can have a measurable impact within cross-channel digital marketing campaigns
- Experience designing large-scale SEO-friendly information architecture
- Working knowledge (or better) of PHP, SQL or other relevant web technologies
- Working knowledge (or better) of WordPress, Magento, and other CMS platforms
Deputy Head of SEO
The successful candidate:
The successful candidate will have several years’ experience working in technical SEO, in an agency or client-side role.
The candidate will demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of organic search engine optimisation, with considerable experience consulting on enterprise-level technical SEO projects. The successful candidate will undertake website audits, keyword research and backlink analyses as a core part of their role, and must be comfortable to deliver exemplary documentation ahead of deadlines using a suite of industry-leading software and tools.
The digital landscape is always evolving, so it is imperative the successful candidate keeps their SEO knowledge up-to-date. They will, for example, demonstrate understanding of opportunities for international SEO, mobile optimisation, and conversational search. Moreover, RocketMill aspires to place data at the heart of all we do, so you must hold Google Analytics IQ certification, and show experience of using SEO analytical tools.
The ideal candidate will recognise the pivotal role user experience plays in modern organic visibility. Experience developing large-scale information architecture is highly desirable, while hands-on experience of supporting migrations (platform and protocol) is essential.
We are a small team, so the most important requirement of all is to get stuck in and make your mark – to benefit your clients, agency, and career.
The interview process
We’ll kick off with a coffee to assess your suitability for the role.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll invite you for an interview at our office.
If we like what you’ve got to say, the final stage is a second interview with other senior members of our team with a competency test.