Here's what we need Salary: £28,000 - £35,000, negotiable depending on experience
Reporting to your Paid Media Manager you will support them across a portfolio of paid media campaigns – focusing on Paid Search and Paid Social but also expanding into Display, Native and Addressable Media.
Your role is to support the planning and delivery of campaigns within your portfolio. This is a hands-on role that requires a mathematical and analytical mind with a focus on building and optimising campaigns across multiple platforms.
You will also be expected to take ownership of specific campaigns within your portfolio and need to prioritise and self-organise to deliver the best performance for our clients.
For these campaigns we will need to craft media plans that are designed to yield exceptional results for our clients whilst successfully growing their revenue with RocketMill. These may involve higher fees in order to secure more resource towards their existing campaign, cross selling into other services, or the adoption of new services that RocketMill develop. These media plans will be composed with the best interests of your client’s front-of-mind and will be communicated by you and your Media Manager to your clients.
This role requires you to be dependable and accountable for your work. Day to day you will be analysing performance and delivering insightful reporting against forecasts and media strategies. Internally you will need to report to your media manager on campaign health, threats and opportunities.
We work in an ever-changing industry that requires continual learning, allowing us to take advantage of technological developments in the paid media environment. Your knowledge of digital marketing coupled with the client dialogue you undertake will inevitably lead to you unearthing opportunities for RocketMill. From time to time you will need to consider new products or services that clients need and that we should consider developing.
As part of the media team, you will need to collaborate effectively with our Client Leadership, Creative, Data & Insight, Business Development and Organic Search teams.
- Keyword research
- Audience planning
- Account structure planning & idea generation
- Shopping feed setup
- Ad copy writing & liaising with the creative team on asset production
- Account uploads (using Google Ads Editor for paid search)
- Day to day account checks
- Bid management and campaign adjustments
- Analyse campaign performance and key on-site metrics using Google Analytics
- Search query reports
- Audience analysis
- Analysing and reporting on campaign data using Microsoft Excel
- Identify challenges and devise solutions
- Suggesting next steps to improve campaign performance
Planning & reporting
- Devising strategies for search and social campaigns.
- Internal planning meetings
- Working with clients to forecast and set targets
- Working with clients to assist in building trust and relationships
- Client meetings and calls – on-boarding, weekly calls, monthly meetings and quarterly planning
- Working with our data team to produce reports based upon client needs
- Auditing accounts confidently
- Innovation & collaboration
- Attending conferences & events (i.e. Facebook and Google training / events)
- Maintaining Google Ads & Analytics exams
- Cross department involvement
- Strategic thinking and a continued passion to learn
- Seek out and experiment with new media tactics and strategies and report back to the team
- Support the up-selling of existing clients within your portfolio
- Proactively analysing and identifying opportunities for growth
- Helping clients grow and expand into new digital channels
- Support on New Business opportunities including RFPs and Pitch Decks
- At least 2 years’ experience in digital marketing campaign management
- Experience being the lead on media campaigns
- Passed the following exams: AdWords Fundamentals, Search Advertising, Shopping Advertising, Display advertising, Mobile Advertising, Video Advertising and Google Analytics
- An in-depth knowledge and experience in running campaigns across Google and Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads Manager, with high performance
- A strong understanding of bid/budget management strategy
- A strong understanding of attribution models and the ability to guide clients on what works best for them as a business.
- Comfortable using Google Ads Editor
- Ability to analyse campaign performance and key on-site metrics using Google Analytics
- The ability to deliver insightful analysis that drives improved performance
- A history of supporting and helping grow revenue with upsells or new business, when the time has been right for the client
- Excellent MS office skills: Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (e.g. complex formulae and PivotTables)
- An understanding of wider marketing principles: understanding user journeys and how to influence them through paid campaigns, implementing effective marketing messaging at all stages of the funnel
- Ability to adapt quickly to ever-changing technologies and environment
- Excellent communicator, able to speak with authority to clients and colleagues alike.
- Facebook Blueprint certification
- Previous experience working within an agency or client team environment
- Any experience with the following platforms:
- Snapchat Ads Manager
- Twitter Ads
- LinkedIn Ads Manager
- Any Display DSPs
- Experience using Googles 360 products / DoubleClick (Search Ads 360, Display and Video 360, Analytics 360 etc.)
- Experience pitching paid media campaigns to potential clients.
The Interview Process
- Introduction – initial call or coffee
- Getting serious – first interview and competency test
- The finale – an interview with a senior member of the team
- The job’s yours!