Here's what we need Salary: £35,000-40,000, negotiable depending on experience
We are looking for a Senior Digital Designer to join the team in our Brighton office.
As a Senior Digital Designer in the Creative team, you will be responsible for helping our agency problem solve for our clients, driven by a people-first approach to create award-winning experiences which benefit client and consumer alike.
We are mindful of the rapidly adapting digital landscape, and therefore take an agile approach into the disciplines we offer as a creative department. Currently, we have design and copywriting expertise in brand and campaign ideation, user experience, conversion rate optimisation, content production and advertising creative – but are open to evolving these disciplines as the industry progresses.
Being a growing agency, you’ll need to understand the mentality and temperament required to deliver excellent quality work under pressure within a bustling agency environment. You’ll be an ambassador of the Creative team vision and others in the agency should feel confident you can provide industry insight and deliver what is asked in an authoritative and trustworthy manner.
- 5+ years design experience
- Driven by a passion to create delightful digital experiences for all touchpoints of the user journey
- Relevant agency experience
- Proficiency in front-end coding (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Ability to wireframe and design to see concepts through to a finalised asset
- Effective at time management to enable managing multiple projects simultaneously and successfully
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams on integrated campaigns
- Knowledge of organic search optimisation and mark-up best practice
- Proficiency scoping a project and delivering in budget
- Ability and confidence in speaking to clients face to face, representing work and ideas in meeting and workshop
Head of User Experience
- Receiving, interrogating and completing briefs from Creative Directors, and our Client Leadership team
- Exuding a passion for your work, championing your team’s skills and value within the agency
- Working collaboratively with the other disciplines within the Creative team to complete briefs on time, to a high standard
- Maintaining a competitive advantage over other agencies by staying abreast of what good looks like in our industry, and innovating in all areas of your work
- Aiding team learning through transparency, sharing your successes and your failures
- Planning your time to balance briefed work and ongoing optimisation, and accurately tracking your time spent on each activity
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will have a drive to push boundaries in generating great experiences, going beyond functional landing pages and into the realm of delightful journeys. We’re looking for a candidate who has strong experience, knowledge and skills in graphic design, user experience, typography and composition so is ready to hit the ground running. You can communicate ideas effectively while having an eye for quality design and not being afraid to execute a piece into code. You’ll champion user experience through diligence in of your work at every touchpoint of the user journey, from initial advertisement for brand awareness through to on-site purchasing processes and conversion.
The interview process
We’ll kick off with a coffee or telephone interview to assess your suitability for the role.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll invite you for an interview at our office.
If we like what you’ve got to say, we will follow with a competency test.
The final stage is an interview with other senior members of our team.