Here's what we need Salary: £35,000 - £45,000, negotiable depending on experience
This is a senior role within our team. Reporting to the Deputy Head of Paid Media and managing your own team of execs, you will be responsible for leading on a portfolio of clients. The role requires strong Paid Search and Paid Social knowledge but also affords the opportunity to expand into Display, Native and Addressable Media.
You will be responsible for leading on the planning and delivery of campaigns within your portfolio, supported by your team. You will require strong communication, task management and delegation skills, to direct your team and ensure we are delivering the best performance for our clients.
You will need to forecast and craft media plans that are designed to yield exceptional results for your clients whilst successfully growing their revenue with RocketMill. These may involve higher fees in order to secure more resource towards their existing campaign, cross selling into other services, or the adoption of new services that RocketMill develop. These media plans will be composed with the best interests of your client’s front-of-mind and will be communicated by you and your team to your clients.
This role requires you to be dependable and accountable for you and your teams work. Day to day, your team will be analysing performance and delivering insightful reporting to your clients, against forecasts and media strategies.
As a line-manager, you will work with your team to develop them professionally and support them in achieving their career ambitions through coaching, training and providing opportunity for growth.
We work in an ever-changing industry that requires continual learning, allowing us to take advantage of technological developments in the paid media environment. Your knowledge of digital marketing coupled with the client dialogue you undertake will inevitably lead to you unearthing opportunities for RocketMill. From time to time you will need to consider new products or services that clients need and that we should consider developing.
As part of the media team, you will need to collaborate effectively with our Client Leadership, Creative, Data & Insight, Business Development and Organic Search teams.
- Account structure planning & idea generation
- Audience planning
- Keyword research
- Shopping feed setup
- Ad copy writing & liaising with the creative team on asset production
- Account uploads (using Google Ads Editor for paid search)
- Create & lead multi-channel Paid Media strategies for your client portfolio
- Execute and oversee your strategies ensuring a high level of performance
- Ensuring your execs carry out day to day account checks, bid management, search query reports and campaign adjustments
- Analyse campaign performance and key on-site metrics using Google Analytics
- Proactively analysing and identifying opportunities for improved performance
- Audience analysis
- Analysing and reporting on campaign data using Microsoft Excel
- Identify challenges and devise solutions
- Working with clients to assist in building trust and relationships
Planning & reporting
- Devising strategies for search and social campaigns
- Internal planning meetings
- Working with clients to forecast and set targets
- Working with clients to assist in building trust and relationships
- Client meetings and calls – on-boarding, weekly calls, monthly meetings and quarterly planning
- Working with our data team to produce reports based upon client needs
- Auditing accounts confidently
- Time management and planning to ensure a controlled and efficient delivery of tasks
- Dependable and accountable for you and your teams work
- Overall responsibility for pod’s revenue and performance
- Improving departmental ways of working, client templates, deliverables and best practice
- Innovation & collaboration
- Attending conferences & events (i.e. Facebook and Google training / events)
- Maintaining Google Ads & Analytics exams
- Cross department involvement
- Strategic thinking and a continued passion to learn
- Seek out and experiment with new media tactics and strategies and report back to the team
- Supporting RocketMill’s marketing and events
- Line management of team members
- Developing your team and helping them to learn new platforms and support them with, client’s meetings, accounts strategy and overall account performance
- Personal development of your team including 121s and the creation of Personal Development Plans
- Interviewing new team members to join your team
- Train and develop new team members across the internal paid media team (internal training classes)
- Share industry news and trends amongst the wider Paid Media team
- Lead the up-selling of existing clients across your team with additional services and solutions.
- Lead on New Business opportunity’s from start to finish: RFP, Pitch Deck and presenting
- 3 years’ experience in digital marketing account management; with previous accountability for annual management billings in excess of £100,000 and media spend that exceeds £500,000.
- Must have active certificates for the following Google exams: AdWords Fundamentals, Search Advertising, Shopping Advertising, Display advertising, Mobile Advertising, Video Advertising and Google Analytics.
- An in-depth knowledge and experience in running campaigns across Google and Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads Manager, with continuous high performance
- Comfortable using Google Ads Editor
- Experience supporting and helping junior members (Running classes or providing one to one support).
- Ability to analyse campaign performance and key on-site metrics using Google Analytics
- A strong understanding of attribution models and the ability to guide clients on what works best for them as a business
- A history of supporting and helping grow revenue with upsells or new business when the time has been right for the client
- Use MS Office to a professional standard
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (e.g. complex formulae and PivotTables)
- A good understanding of wider marketing principles: understanding user journeys and how to influence them through paid campaigns, implementing effective marketing messaging at all stages of the funnel
- Ability to adapt quickly to ever-changing technologies and environment
- Strong presentation skills, being able to talk confidently on marketing platforms and tactics.
- Excellent communicator, able to speak with authority to clients and colleagues and to simplify complex challenges.
- Experience presenting at industry events or articles published in trade press.
- Facebook Blueprint certification
- Any experience with the following platforms:
- Snapchat Ads Manager
- Twitter Ads
- LinkedIn Ads Manager
- Any Display DSPs
- Experience using Googles 360 products / DoubleClick (Search Ads 360, Display and Video 360, Analytics 360 etc.)
The Interview Process
- Introduction – initial call or coffee
- Getting serious – first interview and competency test
- The finale – an interview with a senior member of the team
- The job’s yours!