Here's what we need
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
As a Digital Designer in the UX team, you will be responsible for helping our agency problem solve for our clients, driven by a people-first approach to create award-winning experiences which benefit client and consumer alike.
We are mindful of the rapidly adapting digital landscape, and therefore take an agile approach into the disciplines we offer as a creative department. Within the UX team we hold expertise in Wireframing and Visual Design, Prototyping, Front-End Development (HTML, CSS and JS), Information Architecture and Workshop Facilitation – but are open to evolving these disciplines as the industry progresses.
Being a growing agency, you’ll need to understand the mentality and temperament required to deliver excellent quality work under pressure within a bustling agency environment. You’ll be an ambassador of the UX team vision and others in the agency should feel confident you can provide industry insight and deliver what is asked in an authoritative and trustworthy manner.
The successful candidate will have a drive to push boundaries in generating great experiences, going beyond functional landing pages and into the realm of delightful journeys. We’re looking for a candidate who may be a few years into their career with a drive and want to explore digital. You’ll champion user experience through diligence in every aspect of your work, producing wireframes to communicate ideas effectively while having an eye for quality design and not being afraid to execute a piece into code
- Receiving, interrogating and completing briefs from our Head of UX, Deputy of UX and our Client Leadership team
- Exuding a passion for your work, championing your team’s skills and value within the agency
- Working collaboratively with the other disciplines to complete briefs on time, to a high standard
- Maintaining a competitive advantage over other agencies by staying abreast of what good looks like in our industry, and innovating in all areas of your work
- Consulting with Client Leads and Account Directors on the best approach to achieve a client’s objectives
- Aiding team learning through transparency, sharing your successes and your failures
- Planning your time to balance briefed work and ongoing optimisation, and accurately tracking your time spent on each activity
You will have a broad range of skills with crafting a digital experience being at the heart, being capable of delivering inspiring design work over the multitude of UX disciplines.
- Demonstrable design experience
- Proficiency in front-end coding (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Ability to wireframe and design to see concepts through to a finalised asset
- Driven by a passion to create delightful digital experiences
- Effective at time management to enable managing multiple projects simultaneously and successfully
- Relevant agency experience
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams on integrated campaigns
- Knowledge of organic search optimisation and mark-up best practice
The interview process
- Introduction – initial call or coffee
- Getting serious – first interview and competency test
- The finale – an interview with a member of the leadership team
- The job’s yours!