Here's what we need
Salary: £55,000-70,000, negotiable depending on experience
The Client Leadership team is passionate about integration. They are pivotal in bringing together and shaping all digital elements of customer journey. This extends Strategy, Advertising, Paid Media, SEO and Content as well as UX and Design. As a member of the Client Leadership team you will champion the integration of these service lines under RocketMill’s planning framework, Total Performance.
As the SLT representative of the Client Leadership team, this role requires constant leadership to steer your team, clients, agency and agency partners to achieve successful outcomes for all parties.
To succeed in this role, you will be a proven marketeer with expert digital marketing skills. The role is a strategic one, which requires you to act with authority and autonomy across your portfolio. You will personally be responsible for the business plans, client retention and your team’s development across your portfolio.
- Represent RocketMill to our clients
- Provide leadership and direction for your team
- Represent client portfolio at SLT meeting with ownership of portfolio MI
- Provide fundamental direction to agency strategy and product development
- Develop business plans to achieve RocketMill targets
- Embody RocketMill behaviours
- Champion operational excellence across the agency
- Partner with Business Development in qualifying, validating and developing new business opportunities
- Define opportunities and plans to realise Total Performance to aid business growth
- Grow and maintain senior client relationships
- Responsible for performance of all accounts and individuals within the team
- Line management of Account Directors
- Champion best practice across the Client Leadership team
You are a highly proficient and commercially astute marketing professional. You have an advanced understanding of the significance of digital consumer touchpoints and the overall marketing landscape to delivering Total Performance. Your previous experience allows you to identify good and bad strategy for clients as well as commercially viable partnerships for the agency. You’ve been at the centre of product development in the past so know what it takes to rally teams together to consistently improve the agency output. You’re used to acting as the voice of your team, the client and the agency, providing strategic guidance to all parties to ensure successful outcomes on all accounts. Above all else, you are a role model in the agency, you deliver for the agency, your clients and your team.
- Previous agency experience or equivalent marketing client-side experience
- An expert digital marketing skillset with an in depth understanding of strategy and wider marketing channels
- Ability to lead inter-agency strategy and planning meetings
- Proven track record of managing a team to achieve targets and individual growth
- Be able to demonstrate first-class account management and direction skills
- Excellent communicator, able to speak with authority to clients, colleagues and agency-partners alike
- Be an excellent multi-tasker, able to leverage teams and agency skill sets to deliver results in a fast-paced and vibrant environment
- Proven track record with new business
- Proven track record of developing agency products
- Proven ability to mitigate risk across portfolios of accounts
- Ability to represent RocketMill at the most senior level
- Excellent line management skills
- Expert on industry platforms
- Leadership role at media or creative agency
- Experience of wider marketing disciplines
- Well regarded profile across the industry
The Interview Process
- Mood music – initial call or coffee
- Getting serious – first interview and competency test
- The finale – an interview with a senior member of the team
- The job’s yours!