Here's what we need
Salary: £40,000-55,000, negotiable depending on experience
As an Associate Creative Director in the Creative team, you will be responsible for driving stunning work for our clients. Taking a people-first approach, you will lead the creation of award-winning campaigns which benefit client and consumer alike.
You will develop concepts for pitches and for marketing/advertising campaigns and will be hands-on in bringing those to life. Collaborating with different creative disciplines (graphic design, video, motion, animation), you will ensure the executions are of the highest quality. You will take a ‘show not tell’ approach, using your superb creative skills to prototype and artwork solutions passionately and with excellence.
The successful candidate will have a drive to generate innovative ideas for our client and their audiences. Working in partnership with a Creative Director (who has a copywriting leaning) and the internal client teams, you will always be looking for opportunities to push boundaries and produce amazing work.
You’ll be a master of the presentation deck, with the ability to communicate work in a compelling way that delivers key messages clearly and creates a strong emotional response.
We’re looking for a candidate who may want to reach the next level of their career, or somebody more experienced who is ready to hit the ground running.
- Demonstrable experience at a senior level within a creative agency environment
- Ability to generate multiple, far-reaching campaign ideas/concepts
- Brilliant with design tools, in particular Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong ability to create and deliver presentations, including storyboarding
- A passion and thirst for beautiful, visually impactful design solutions
- An eye for detail, particularly during campaign production, including creative reviews and in quality assurance
- Effective time management to ensure the smooth running of simultaneous projects.
- Experience of working on video editing, including TV commercials
- Ability to run creative workshops with clients
- Technical knowledge of design production, including digital, social, print
- Knowledge of paid media formats/specifications
- Working in creative partnership with a Creative Director, to come up with ideas and concepts
- Using Adobe Creative Suite (or similar design tools) to bring ideas and concepts to life through scamps, prototypes and artwork
- Creating and delivering exciting and compelling presentations
- Writing clear and inspiring briefs for the Creative Production team
- Consulting with Client Leads and Account Directors on the best approach to achieve a client’s objectives
- Working collaboratively with the other disciplines within the Creative team to see through production of campaign assets
- Managing quality assurance along with the Head of Creative Operations
- Standing in for the Creative Director, when necessary, to provide authority and drive work forward.
- Aiding team learning through transparency, sharing your successes and your failures
- Planning your time to balance briefed work and ongoing optimisation, and accurately tracking your time spent on each activity
- Maintaining a competitive advantage over other agencies by staying abreast of what great looks like in our industry, and innovating in all areas of your work
- Exuding a passion for your work, championing your team’s skills and value within the agency
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will be bursting with ideas and will have a passion for visual design solutions. They will lead by example when it comes to pixel perfect layouts and use of colour and typography. They will be extremely collaborative – both internally and with clients – always looking to pre-empt and solve challenges.
The interview process
We’ll kick off with a coffee or telephone interview to assess your suitability for the role.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll invite you for an interview.
If we like what you’ve got to say, we will follow with a competency test.
The final stage is an interview with other senior members of our team.